CA Intermediate syllabus in Corporate and Other Laws applicable from may 2018
Part I: Company Law (60 Marks)
The Companies Act, 2013 – Sections 1 to 148
2. Incorporation of Company and Matters Incidental thereto
3. Prospectus and Allotment of Securities
4. Share Capital and Debentures
5. Acceptance of Deposits by companies
6. Registration of Charges
7. Management and Administration
8. Declaration and payment of Dividend
9. Accounts of Companies
10. Audit and Auditor
Part II: Other Laws (40 Marks)
1. The Indian Contract Act, 1872 (Specific contracts covered from section 123 onwards): Contract of Indemnity andGuarantee, Bailment, Pledge, Agency.
2. The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881: Meaning of Negotiable Instruments, Characteristics, Classification of Instruments, Different provisions relating to Negotiation, Negotiability, Assignability, Right and Obligation of parties, presentment of Instruments, Rules of Compensation.
3. The General Clauses Act, 1897: Important Definitions, Extent and Applicability, General Rules of Construction, Powers and Functionaries, Provisions as to Orders, Rules, etc. made under Enactments, Miscellaneous.
4. Interpretation of Statutes: Rules of Interpretation of statutes, Aids to interpretation, Rules of Interpretation /construction of Deeds and Documents.