- ICAI New syllabus applicable from may 2018.
- student can enter into CA Course through Foundation route or Direct entry route depend upon his/her qualification
For Intermediate students
For intermediate students, CA course contains 3 levels are foundation, inter and final (Foundation Entry Route)
CA Foundation new syllabus
- Foundation Course is the entry level for Chartered Accountancy Course for Intermediate students
- Foundation Course comprises of four papers, out of which two are subjective and two are objective type.
- Negative marking for choosing wrong options is there in objective papers
- Foundation Examinations are held twice a year in the months of May and November.
- Foundation Course registration is valid for 3 years
- Students after registration to the course are required to complete a minimum of 4 months study period from the date of registration in order to be eligible to appear in the Foundation Examination
CA Foundation subjects
Subjective type papers
Principles and Practice of Accounting (100 Marks)
Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 Marks)
Section A: Business Law (60 Marks)
Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting (40 Marks)
Objective type papers
Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
CA Foundation passing criteria
- You can qualify Foundation Examination by securing 50 % in aggregate and 40 % in each subject individually or Student has to obtain minimum 200 marks i.e. 50% of total Marks(400) for passing Foundation
- No Subject wise linkage for passing foundation
Objective type papers
- Negative marking of 0.25 Marks for every incorrect answer
- Blank answer will fetch Zero marks
- Join Intermediate Course after passing Foundation Examination.
- Appear in Intermediate Examination on completion of 8 months of study course
- Join articled training after passing either of the Group or Both Groups of Intermediate Course and after successfully undergoing ICITSS
- Total duration 3 years
- Last 1 year student can join for Industrial Training
- Stipend is paid during the Articleship period
Register for Final Course.
- Clear the balance Group (if any) of Intermediate Examination.
- Successfully undergo Four Weeks Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills (AICITSS) during the last two years of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination.
Appear in the Final Examination
Appear in the Final Examination on completion of 2½ years Articleship
Memeber of ICAI
Pass Final Examination and Enroll as a member of the ICAI and be designated as “Chartered Accountant”.
Find Jobs in CA Firms in India